A Test to Analyze HDL Function
What is CholEffluX?
It is the test to measure Cholesterol Efflux Capacity (CEC) and HDLc function. CEC is the capacity of the HDL to move cholesterol away from the heart blood vessels (efflux) to the liver for further breakdown and disposal.
Who Should Consider CholEfflux Test?
Patients with Family History of Cardiovascular Disease, Risk of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), Diagnosed Coronary Artery Disease, Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease including Stroke, Peripheral Artery Disease, Fatty Liver Disease, Metabolic Syndrome.
- Specimen: Serum in the SST (red top tube)
- Collection tube/Swab: SST tube
- Specimen transport: Transport in the Styrofoam box
- Specimen Requirement: Serum (preferred)or whole blood in SST tube placed in the styrofoam box
- Rejection Criteria: Hemolyzed blood
- Time for Report: 2-3 weeks
- Instructions for Blood Draw: click here
- Instructions for shipping: click here
Want to know more ?
Check our FAQ’s or drop your queries in our page.